Saturday, August 13, 2005

Only 248 movies to go...

I just watched the documentary "Born Into Brothels" (2/250) about these great kids that live in the red light district of Calcutta. It was pretty amazing. I watched the whole movie just dreading what the outcome would be for these children. If it was so stressful for me to be involved for about an hour and a half, it must have been a nightmare for the documentarian who was trying to help them get out and into decent schools. I just wanted to kill some of the adults in it. If I'd been doing the filming I might have been tempted to at least take a swing at this one woman in particular.

Anyway, I recommend it. If you can get it, you also need to watch the nine minute short "Reconnecting" where they catch up with all the kids.

No comments: