Sunday, August 14, 2005

Mmmmm....'nana puddin'....

My dog totally freaked out today. She's terrified of thunder and we had a storm. She actually started freaking out before the storm even started. There was major shivering and whining and I couldn't figure out what was wrong. A little later I went out on the patio to watch the rain and she kept coming out to jump up and hit me in the leg and run back in the apartment like she was saying "Are you mad, woman! There's thunder out there!"

The storm is mostly over now but she's still stuck to me like glue. Poor Maggie. I don't really know what to do when she gets so freaked. I can't make it stop storming and that seems like the only thing that would help. I just read that I'm not supposed to pet her when she's scared because then she'll think being scared is something to get rewarded for but that seems sort of stupid. It's not like she's being scared just to get attention.

On another note, I'm three more movies down on my 250 movies goal.

I watched "Napoleon Dynamite" (3/250) finally. Parts of it were sort of funny but I can't really say I enjoyed it. I like the guy who played Napoleon, though. He was pretty cool.

This morning I saw a movie called "Wide Awake" (4/250) about a little boy who searches for God so he can see if his dead grandfather is ok. It had a great cast: Dana Delany, Denis Leary, Robert Loggia, Camryn Mannheim, Rosie O'Donnell, Julia Stiles, Dan Lauria. The kids that played the little boys were adorable. I was surprised that it was written and directed by M. Night Shyamalan. It was just so sweet and fairly normal.

I also saw "Spellbound", (5/250) the documentary about the 1999 National Spelling Bee. I got entirely too involved and had to cheat and check the internet to see who won that year because I couldn't handle the suspense. It was a good movie. I didn't like it as much as "Born in Brothels" but I'd recommend it, anyway.

Now I'm off to "Lucille's BBQ" to eat some fried chicken and banana pudding and knock one restaurant off my "eat at 25 restaurants I've never been to" list.

No comments: