Monday, July 11, 2005

When does the fire start...

I show up for work this morning and my fan won't run. I turned the blades manually with a letter opener until I could get them to start moving. I think it's time to replace it which sort of sucks because I really like that fan. It looks like one of those 40s fans that would show up in a Humphrey Bogart movie or something.

Then I couldn't get my computer to work. I checked connections and whatnot and then called the help desk. He asked me if the computer was turned on. Men irritate me. Anyway, he sent someone out who said my hard drive was fried. He went to get a replacement but it wasn't the right kind so he took the whole computer away and said he'd come back after lunch. Then he calls and says that it's actually the motherboard that's gone and that I won't get it back until tomorrow afternoon. So I'm stuck at a spare desk with no phone or calculator that had a computer no one is using.

Meanwhile, my co-workers can't seem to get it through their heads that I'm not next to a phone right now. They just keep calling my old phone and I have to get up and run across the office and answer them and it's usually something totally uneccessary like "Hey, did they fix your computer, yet?"

And, on top of all that, I've been trying to process the same check batch since 9 am this morning. The computer messed it up once. I messed it up the second time. I'm hoping the third time will be ok because I might just put my foot through the monitor and leave if it's not.

I probably should have just stayed at home.

On a happier note, I watched "Purgatory" last night. It was very enjoyable. I also managed to get off my butt long enough to do the dishes and wash a load of laundry. I even made some iced tea and brownies. Look at me. I'm a regular Martha Stewart.

No comments: