Friday, July 08, 2005

Except for the being an alcoholic part...

It was a pretty good day. It was payday. I got all the work done that I had planned to get done. I went to Sam's Club and bought Cokes in a bottle. Cokes in a bottle are way better than canned Coke or the dreaded 2 liter. The only problem is that Sam's Club only sales them in boxes of 24 bottles and I tend to drink a lot of them and get sick. I'm not big on the self-control sometimes. I bought ."The Rule of Four" to read tomorrow. I'm always buying books though and then not reading them so we'll just have to see how tomorrow goes.

I've got boxes of unread books. I used to read constantly, like maybe two books a week. Then I started up with the stupid internet messageboards and I pretty much didn't do anything enjoyable with my free time for about a year and a half. I think I'm slowly getting over the whole messageboard addiction though because I read a book two weeks ago (Lori Foster's "Jamie") and one last weekend (Julia Quinn's "It's In His Kiss"). Plus, thanks to Netflix & Cox Cable, I'm back to watching movies like there's no tomorrow. Lately I'm trying to watch all of the Thin Man and Dirty Harry series. Why aren't movie couples nowadays as cool as Myrna Loy and William Powell? I want to be Nora Charles.

No comments: