Sunday, December 02, 2007

Just some whatnot...

I was sitting next to this cute maybe sixish year old kid playing some sort of handheld video game at lunch today. He was just playing the game and smiling and once he got up and walked around playing the game and he was cute and we were watching him and then, all of a sudden, he just lets out this wail and throws the game down and claws the left side of his face with his fingernails and then stands up in his seat and starts throwing stuff. I guess he lost the game because his father took it away from him and calmly told him it was ok and he was on level five and blah blah. Then someone else at the table asked what he did to his face because there were raised marks down his cheeks where he had clawed himself. It was craziness.

I'm sick of the writers' strike. I think they deserve what they're asking for but I think it stinks that they've put so many people out of work to get it. There had to have been a way to continue talks without putting thousands of regular crew out of work right before the holidays. What do they actually think they're going to accomplish anyway? Between reality tv and reruns I would think the studios can hold out for quite some time. I've also grown to kind of hate Nikke Finke. The more popular her site has become the more obnoxious she's become. I actually think she's the reason I'm not supporting the writers as much anymore. But really, none of this has anything to do with me anyway so I should really just move on.

I've had an awful cold for about a week now. Well, actually it was just a cold for a couple of days and then it was awful for a few days and now it seems to be winding it's way back down to just a cold again. Although I have a wicked cough still and every time I cough it feels like my brain is throbbing against my skull. It's painful and disturbing. Hopefully that will go away soon. I'm trying to decide whether I should ditch out of work tomorrow or not. I probably shouldn't. Which doesn't mean I won't. I probably won't though. But I might.

No comments: