Thursday, July 06, 2006

Well, these are weird...

Emmy nominations came out today. They're kind of all over the place. Because I know the world is dying to know, I've bolded who I'd like to win in the categories that I care about.

Drama Series: "Grey's Anatomy," ABC; "House," Fox; "The Sopranos," HBO; "24," Fox; "The West Wing," NBC.
Where's Lost? Although it would probably take House's place and I'd rather House be nominated.

Comedy Series: "Arrested Development," Fox; "Curb Your Enthusiasm," HBO; "The Office," NBC; "Scrubs," NBC; "Two and a Half Men," CBS.
I like these nominations. I know people are griping about Two and a Half Men but I think it's funny.

Actor, Drama Series: Denis Leary, "Rescue Me," FX Network; Peter Krause, "Six Feet Under," HBO; Kiefer Sutherland, "24," Fox; Martin Sheen, "The West Wing," NBC.
Excuse me. House wouldn't be the best drama if there wasn't any Hugh Laurie. I don't actually watch any of these shows except SFU, though. Maybe everyone else is super good.

Actress, Drama Series: Kyra Sedgwick, "The Closer," TNT; Geena Davis, "Commander in Chief," ABC; Mariska Hargitay, "Law & Order: Special Victims Unit," NBC; Frances Conroy, "Six Feet Under," HBO; Allison Janney, "The West Wing," NBC.
Ooh!! Thanks to a TNT marathon a couple of weeks ago I loooove The Closer.

Supporting Actor, Drama Series: William Shatner, "Boston Legal," ABC; Oliver Platt, "Huff," Showtime; Michael Imperioli, "The Sopranos," HBO; Gregory Itzin, "24," Fox; Alan Alda, "The West Wing," NBC.
I don't watch any of these shows. I have a little crush on Alan Alda so I'll choose him.

Supporting Actress, Drama Series: Candice Bergen, "Boston Legal," ABC; Sandra Oh, "Grey's Anatomy," ABC; Chandra Wilson, "Grey's Anatomy," ABC; Blythe Danner, "Huff," Showtime; Jean Smart, "24," Fox.
I love all of these actresses so I'll be happy with anyone. Chandra Wilson introduced the world to vajayjay though so I'm going to root for her.

Actor, Comedy Series: Larry David, "Curb Your Enthusiasm," HBO; Kevin James, "The King of Queens," CBS; Tony Shalhoub, "Monk," USA; Steve Carell, "The Office," NBC; Charlie Sheen, "Two and a Half Men," CBS.
This category seems to be causing some problems for people. I like that Kevin and Charlie got nominated. They make me laugh a lot.

Actress, Comedy Series: Lisa Kudrow, "The Comeback," HBO; Jane Kaczmarek, "Malcolm in the Middle," Fox; Julia Louis-Dreyfus, "The New Adventures of Old Christine," CBS; Stockard Channing, "Out of Practice," CBS; Debra Messing, "Will & Grace," NBC.
Lisa Kudrow was so funny on The Comeback. I didn't like the show much but she was great. I love Stockard Channing but I'm thinking there's probably someone more deserving out there. Mary Louise Parker comes to mind.

Supporting Actor, Comedy Series: Will Arnett, "Arrested Development," Fox; Jeremy Piven, "Entourage," HBO; Bryan Cranston, "Malcolm in the Middle," Fox; Jon Cryer, "Two and a Half Men," CBS; Sean Hayes, "Will & Grace," NBC.
All these people are funny but...c'mon...Ari has to win. He's hilarious.

Supporting Actress, Comedy Series: Cheryl Hines, "Curb Your Enthusiasm," HBO; Alfre Woodard, "Desperate Housewives," ABC; Jaime Pressly, "My Name Is Earl," ABC; Elizabeth Perkins, "Weeds," Showtime; Megan Mullally, "Will & Grace," NBC.
What!?!? Alfre Woodard?!? That's a ridiculous nomination.

No comments: