Sunday, April 09, 2006

I liked Crash better...

So I finally watched Brokeback Mountain. I've gotta say, I wasn't all that into it. The acting was definately good, I can't argue that. But I had heard for months about what a beautiful love story it was and I just didn't see it. I thought Jack and Ennis were a couple of losers so I didn't really care if they could or couldn't be together. I was just happy that Ennis' wife left him and married the nice supermarket guy. She was about the only person in the movie that I didn't find incredibly irritating. I guess I liked the waitress and Ennis' daughter ok. But Jack and Ennis? I couldn't stand them. And I didn't think they were romantic at all. They were just jerks.

Anyway...we can add Brokeback Mountain to the list of movies that I'm supposed to love but don't. Just this year I've also added Five Easy Pieces and March of the Penguins. I find the commercials for The Benchwarmers to be hilarious, however. I don't know what that says about my taste.

On a compeletely unrelated note, I discovered this game called Samorost 2 today. As you may have guessed, it is the sequel to Samorost 1. They're pretty cool to mess around with.

No comments: