Saturday, October 15, 2005

It does suck...

The Dyson is pretty incredible. It pulls up stuff that our other vacuum never touched. Plus, it's lightweight, easy to clean out and you never have to replace the filter. (Well, unless your dog eats it like the salesman's did.) And it's a pretty yellow color. Cool.

I watched some decent movies this past week.


"Elephant"(18/250) took a bit of getting used to since huge chunks of the movie are just the back of some kid's head walking around a high school. It ended up being very good. It was mesmerizing. It's sort of a bait and switch that the advertising used that picture, though. It kind of makes it seem like it's going to be a romantic teen movie and it most assuredly is not.

"A Very Long Engagement"(19/250) was wonderful. It's a beautiful period-romance-mystery-war movie with comedic elements and Jodie Foster speaking French. She's not the star, though. It's directed by and stars the actress from "Amelie" which is one of my favorite movies. I really recommend both of them if you don't mind subtitles.

My mother said that "The Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants" (20/250) was like a longer ABC After School Special. I liked it. I'm sure if I was 12 I would watch it a hundred times and try to figure out a way to get a trip to Greece for my 16th birthday.

I think I'll go Netflix the After School Special DVDs. I had forgotten all about "Dear Lovey Hart: I am Desperate".

1 comment:

Marti said...

GREAT title! LOL

Those commercials always make me giggle, not sure why - LOL

Thanks for the movie reviews, I don't get to go to many, and I always appreciate hearing what someone else thinks to spare me seeing a bad one.

Take care!